Are you ready to take plant parenting to the next level? Well, look no further! Make a DIY propagation station and nurture any plant from clippings to a full-grown houseplant.
In this easy tutorial, we’ll show you how to make a DIY propagation station with only two materials (minus the plant and water, of course). Well, what are you waiting for? Let’s start propagating!
How To Make a Propagation Station
What You’ll Need:
- Three glass test tubes
- VELCRO® Brand Heavy Duty Tape
- Rubbing alcohol
- To start, pick a location. You’ll want to choose a sunny spot for your plants. Usually, a window is the perfect area.
- Next, make sure to clean your test tubes and window with rubbing alcohol – let dry.
- Take your VELCRO® Brand Heavy Duty Fasteners and cut a 1” piece of tape. Apply the hook side to the three test tubes, and with the remaining fastener, adhere the tape to your desired location (a window or wall is perfect).
- Now, hang the test tubes, fill them with water and add your plants clippings.
And that’s it! Who knew propagating could be so easy? Now it’s time to let your tiny plants grow in your new DIY propagation station!
Try this out for yourself and pick up a pack of VELCRO® Brand Heavy Duty Tape. And for more gardening inspiration, stay on our blog!