Effective Date: August 10, 2023
1. Information Collection and Use
We collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number
- Information about your business such as company name, company size, business type
We use this information to:
- Assess the needs of your business to determine suitable products
- Send you requested product or service information
- Respond to customer service requests
- Send you a newsletter
- Send you marketing communications
- Respond to your questions and concerns
- Improve our Web site and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis
- Display content based upon your interests
2. Information Sharing
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such sending you emails. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us and are contractually obligated to keep your information confidential.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
If Velcro USA is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information, to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
3. User Access and Choice
Under applicable state laws, including California privacy laws, and international laws such as the EU General Data Protection Regulation, you may have certain rights pertaining to your personal information.
- You may have the right to request information about the personal information we have collected about you and for what purpose, how we process your personal information and a copy of your personal information.
- You may have the right to be provided your personal information in a readily useable format.
- You may have the right to request that we correct, complete, amend or delete the personal information you have collected about you.
To make these requests or otherwise exercise the rights you may have, email our Customer Support here or contact us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request within 30 days. We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you services and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you wish to limit the use of your personal information as described in Section 1 above or the disclosure of your personal data to our service providers as described in Section 2 above, you may email our Customer Support here or contact us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page or you can contact us here.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your consumer privacy rights
4. EU-U.S. Data Privacy Framework with UK Extension
Velcro USA is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under the DPF, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Velcro USA complies with the DPF Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU and the UK, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
The Federal Trade Commission has jurisdiction over Velcro USA’s compliance with the EU-U.S. DPF and the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF. In certain situations, Velcro USA may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
For complaints regarding DPF compliance not resolved by any of the other DPF mechanisms, you have the possibility, under certain conditions, to invoke binding arbitration. Further information can be found on the official DPF website.
5.Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
We use session ID cookies and/or persistent cookies. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. Our cookies help us determine which content on our site is most effective. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” directory. If you reject cookies, you may still use our site, but your ability to use some areas of our site will be limited.
Analytics / Log Files
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
3rd Party Tracking
Behavioral Targeting / Re-Targeting
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Here are a few ways to identify scam emails:
- Confirm the sender’s identity before replying to email requests and opening attachments or clicking on links, even if they appear to come from a legitimate source. All emails from Velcro Companies’ will be from @velcro.com address.
- Consult with your Information Technology department about any phishing attempts.
- Call Velcro Companies to validate communications originating from us on 1-800-225-0180, Option 3.
Links to 3rd Party Sites
Blog / Forum
Our Website offers a publicly accessible blog and community forum. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us here. We will respond within a reasonable timeframe. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Social Media Widgets
Changes To This Policy