It’s that time of year again! The sun is shining, birds are singing and sports events are creeping into our scheduled programming…
The London Marathon is just around the corner and we’re looking for ways to support those brave runners facing the 26.2 miles for charity and various other fabulous causes. So we got to thinking, why not put our crafty prowess to good use too?
We’ve put together a simple DIY to help you support the marathon runners in savvy style!
Make Your Own Flag
You will need:
- VELCRO® Brand Stick On For Fabrics
1. Start with a clear vision of your flag design, then draw it out on a piece of paper.
2. Now you can start cutting. Take your scissors and cut a long rectangle in your felt.
3. Next fold the rectangle over your pole so that sides touch together and close along the top of the pole.
4. Now you can see the basic shape of the flag taking shape, the scissors can come out again! Cut the shape you wish your flag to be, whether it’s a simple triangle or something more exotic!
5. Now it’s VELCRO® Brand Stick On For Fabric’s time to shine. Cover your felt in stick on along each of the edges so it closes together.