Mother’s Day is almost here, so now is the perfect time to celebrate the wonderful motherly figures in your life.
You don’t have to spend a lot of money to add a touch of love to your gifts. By personalising ordinary objects you create a gift that is truly unique.
After another year of being truly wonderful, mum deserves a gift that comes straight from the heart, so why not treat her to a new pair of shoes with a personal touch?
Take a look below at our step-by-step guide to transform a simple pair of plain ballet pumps into a thoughtful present.
Using VELCRO® Brand Stick on for Fabrics you can create a pair of shoes your mum can accessorise to suit any outfit.
What you’ll need:
- A pair of fabric ballet pumps
- A selection of ribbons, in the colours of your choice
- Clear glue
- Needle and thread
- VELCRO® Brand Stick On For Fabrics
1) Make two small bows from the ribbon. Ensure it’s neat and trim the ends.
2) Sew a thread through the centre of the bow a couple of times, to keep it from unravelling.
3) Apply clear glue to the ends to avoid fraying.
4) Cut two penny sized piece of VELCRO® Brand Stick On For Fabrics or use our ready-made oval size for ease, and secure the hook side onto the back of the bows.
5) Next secure the loop side on the top of the ballet pump and stick the bow onto it.
6) Repeat for the other shoe.
7) Now you can create a range of interchangeable ribbons to accessorise the shoes, just repeat steps 1-4.
So there you have it, a gift for mum she can use time and time again!
Wishing everyone a very Happy Mother’s Day,
With love from VELCRO® Brand xx