To say thank you to all of the fabulous sisters around the country, we’ve put together a quick and easy guide to making a pretty fabric picture board. So you can celebrate your sisterly love in the craftiest way possible!
For this DIY you will need:
- A square or rectangle of lightweight MDF
- Enough fabric to cover your board
- Coloured card the same size as your board
- Foam sheet
- A stapler
- PVA glue
- VELCRO® Brand Stick On, which you can buy here
- Begin by applying a generous amount of PVA glue to one side of your MDF, and then place your foam over the glue to create a cushioned effect.
- Place your chosen fabric over your board so that the foam side of the board is covered, leaving a small overlay of fabric to wrap around the back of the board.
- Staple the fabric overlay to the back of the board, making sure that the fabric is pulled taught across the foam on the front.
- Next, take your ribbon and staple one end at an angle to the back of your board. Once this is secure, begin to wrap the ribbon around the board in a diagonal pattern– this is how you will attach pictures and memos to the board. Make sure the ribbon is pulled tightly enough that nothing will fall out!
- You can repeat this step wrapping the ribbon from the opposite angle to create a criss-cross effect on the board.
- By now your board should be looking pretty impressive from the front, which means it’s time to tidy up the back. Take a piece of card and simply glue it to the back of your board to cover up unsightly staples and the fabric overlay.
- Finally– you can hang your board with our trusty VELCRO® Brand Stick On. You can stick your picture board wherever you wish without worrying about pesky nails or marking your walls, and it’s easy to remove if you fancy moving your board around.
So there you have it! The perfect homemade fabric picture board, ready to adorn with pictures of you and your sis. Now go, get crafting and earn some brownie points for being pretty much the best sibling ever.