Wedding season is officially here which means organisation and Pinterest boards are in demand. Wedding favours are high up on the to-do lists of couples about to wed, so we’ve come up with five unique, do-it-yourself wedding favour gifts that your guests will love!
Chocolate treat pouches
Purchase some paper gift bags, from your local craft shop or online and fill with a couple of chocolates before decorating. Then to keep your favours looking beautiful, you’ll want to seal them neatly so the fasteners can’t be seen. Try using a VELCRO® Brand Super Slim Stick On to keep them secure. What’s more, these fasteners are re-sealable so the favours can be cherished as a memento of your day.
Personalised biscuits (Makes 48 biscuits)
Edible, personal and delicious, these are the perfect gift that your guests will thank you for!
- Cream 200g of butter and 200g of caster sugar together until combined.
- Beat in 2 medium eggs with 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract until combined.
- Stir in 550g of plain flour until the mixture comes together as a dough.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to a 1cm thickness.
- Use biscuit cutters of your choice and place onto a baking tray.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown and set aside to harden for 5 minutes.
- Sift 600g of icing sugar into a large mixing bowl and stir in enough water to create a smooth mixture. Decorate by piping your guests’ name on top and put aside to set.
- Present them in a cellophane bag so your guests can see the personalisation. These will keep for up to two weeks so don’t worry about baking the night before the big day!
The perfect touch for guests staying overnight at your venue – mini soaps! Purchase a wholesale box of scented mini soaps online; wrap them in brown paper, tie with ribbon and label for each of your guests.
Sweetie Jam Jars
In the run up to your wedding, ask friends and family to save any food jars they have and use these to present your favours. Buy some sweet treats to fill the empty jars, then decorate with stickers or stencils in a colour that matches your wedding theme – simple, cute and cost effective!
Purchase a bunch of dried lavender stems to make some sweet-smelling wedding favours. Print personalised labels with your guests’ names or with the date of your wedding day. Create a hole on each label and thread through with a VELCRO® Brand ONE-WRAP® Plant Tie, before looping around your bunch of lavender. Voilà, a unique gift your guests can cherish.